For more summer fun for kids, see:
- General Day Camps in Baltimore
- Art-themed Summer Camps in Baltimore
- Science-themed Summer Camps in Baltimore
- Summer in Baltimore
5811 Allender Rd., White Marsh; 410-335-6400
Grades: Preschool and up (ages 4+)
Price: $55/day or $205/week At this camp at Freestate Sports Arena, kids of all ages will enjoy laser tag, soccer, basketball, volleyball, roller skating, games, arts and crafts, and an inflatable water park. Although the camp operates 8 a.m.-4 p.m. weekdays, extended day options are available. More information.
- Session 1: Monday, June 17-Friday, June 21
- Session 2: Monday, June 24-Friday, June 28
- Session 3: Monday, July 1-Friday, July 5 (closed July 4th)
- Session 4: Monday, July 8 -Friday, July 12
- Session 5: Monday, July 15-Friday, July 19
- Session 6: Monday, July 26-Friday, July 30
- Session 7: Monday, July 29-Friday, August 2
- Session 8: Monday, August 5-Friday, August 9
- Session 9: Monday, August 12-Friday, August 16
- Session 10: Monday, August 26-Friday, August 3
7201 Rossville Blvd.; 443-840-2222
Grade Levels: 1st through 6th grade (ages 7-11)
Explore the world of a circus performer at this non-competitive yet challenging camp that combines cultural arts with physical activity. Camp activities include acrobatics, juggling, improvisation, clowning, stilt walking, tight wire, and more. Students conclude the camp with a circus performance. Sneakers and comfortable clothing or leotards are recommended. The week-long class meets from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. Registration information.
- Monday, July 15-Friday, July 19
Gunpowder Falls State Park
GPS users input: 7200 Graces Quarters Rd., Middle River
Grade Levels: 14th through 10th grade (ages 9-16)
Ultimate Watersports offers two adventure-themed camps for kids: the Ultimate Water Sports Summer Camp and the Rock n' River Camp. The former focuses on paddle surfing, kayaking, sailing, and windsurfing, while the later centers around kayaking and rock climbing. The camp is located on the Chesapeake Bay in the northeastern corner of Baltimore County, close to White Marsh. Camps are offered from periods of one to seven weeks. Campers must provide their own lunch. Learn more.
- Ultimate Water Sports Summer Camp (Ages 9-15): Monday, June 17-Friday, August 16 (weekly sessions)
- Rock n' River Camp (Ages 10-14): Monday, August 5-Friday, 9
Grades: 2nd through 12th grade (ages 7-18)
Whether children are rookies or seasoned players, Ripkin Baseball Camps can coach them into being better baseball players. Camp sizes are limited so students have one-on-one instruction. Weeklong sessions can be taken alone or in succession over the course of the summer. Select overnight camps are available. More information.
- Monday, July 1-Friday, August 2