Fells Point Fest in Baltimore began as a small neighborhood festival more than 40 years ago as a way to raise money to keep the waterfront neighborhood from being sliced and diced by a planned interstate. Today, Fells Point Fun Festival is one of Baltimore's biggest events, attracting more than 700,000 for a weekend of music, food and drink.
As it has since day one, Fells Point Fest is a fund-raiser for The Preservation Society of Federal Hill and Fell's Point
2010 Fells Point Fun Festival Information
Date: Saturday and Sunday, October 2–3, 2010
Time: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Place: Fells Point - From Harbor Point east along Thames Street to Wolfe Street and along Broadway as far north as Gough Street.
- Five stages featuring rock and roll, bluegrass, jazz, blues, folk, cajun, country, gospel, barbershop, and dancing.
- La Plaza Hispana - Featuring Latino music and bands, salsa lessons, South American cuisines, and retail goods.
- Carnival rides for the young and young-at-heart.
More than 40 food vendors in four food courts with epicurean delights from around the world.
- La Plaza Hispana (between Fleet St. and Eastern Ave. on Broadway)
- Thames Street Park (Wolfe and Thames Sts.)
- Harvest Garden at the far western end of Thames Street is the largest beer garden. Offering Maryland microbrews and other beers, this area has a music stage and a charitable money wheel.
- Art and Crafts Row - More than 100 arts and crafts vendors exhibiting handmade, homemade wares.
- International Bazaar - More than 250 retailers featuring items from around the world.
- Arts on Parade - Fine arts displayed in the City Pier
- The Giving Place - Local nonprofits disseminating information
- Fest Flea Market - Find your own "road show" antiques and treasures
Getting to Fells Point Fest
Parking garages located on the 800 block of Caroline St. Parking lots on the west side of Fells Point on the 800 block of S. Wolfe St.
Parking also is available in Little Italy and Harbor East as well.
- Little Italy Garage, 400 S. Central Ave.
- PMI Garage, 815 E. Pratt St., near Albemarle
- Garage in Whole Foods building at 1001 Fleet St.
- PMI Garage at 800 Aliceanna St.
- PMI Garage at 720 Aliceanna St.
- PMI Garage at 701 Aliceanna St.
Fells Point is not easily accessed by public transit. The two closest MTA Subway stops are President St./Shot Tower (at Baltimore St.) or Johns Hopkins Hospital (about 7 blocks north of the festival on Broadway). Both are about a 1 mile walk or taxi ride. The subway closes at midnight.
The MTA Light Rail stops at Camden Yards, making it an easy stroll to a Water Taxi. If you live near a Light Rail stop, this is probably the easiest option. Keep in mind that the light rail runs until 11 p.m. on Saturday and 7 p.m. on Sunday.
The #21 bus stops on the eastern edge of Fells Point near Harbor East.
Taking a taxi might be your best bet.
The Water Taxi is a fun way to get to the festival. Use the Fells Point stop.