Events Moms Love
In Baltimore and beyond, there are plenty of events that are sure to provide the quality time mom is looking for.
Friday, May 3 through Sunday, May 4, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. daily Mount Vernon Plaza near the Washington Monument
Mom is sure to love seeing spring in full swing at FlowerMart, an annual celebration of flower and music now in its 14th year. More than 100 vendors will set up in Mount Vernon near the Washington Monument. Flowers, plants, and crafts will be up for sale, while music entertainment will take place on two stages.
"The Gershwins and Me"
Thursday, May 9, 7:30 p.m.
Treat mom to a music-filled night when five-time Grammy-nominated entertainer Michael Feinstein perform his one-man show, "The Gershwins and Me," at the Lyric Opera House. As a close friend of the legendary composer, Ira Gershwin, Feinstein reminiscences about the music that defined American popular song. The performance benefits the Edward A. Myerberg Center, which provides educational and cultural programs and social services for adults 55 and over.
45th Annual Market Day
Saturday, May 11, 8 a.m.-noon
One of Baltimore's beautiful public gardens, the 207-acre Cylburn Arboretum will host its 45th annual Market Day, a free event full of family-friendly activities, gardening seminars, and more. Focused on the urban gardener, visitors can purchase plants and gardening supplies from more than 15 vendors. Although entrance is free, parking on the grounds is $10.
And here are some additional options to suit mother's of all tastes:
- Kinetic Sculpture Race, starting at the American Visionary Art Museum: Saturday, May 4
- National Harbor Wine & Food Festival, National Harbor: Saturday, May 4-Sunday, May 55
- Maryland Film Festival, various location: Wednesday, May 8-Sunday, May 12
- "The Gershwins and Me," Lyric Opera House: Thursday, May 9
- Annapolis Wine Expo, The Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium: Saturday, May 11
- Bluegrass Outdoor Festival, Knob Hall Winery: Saturday, May 11
- Mother's Day Picnic, Boordy Vineyards: Saturday, May 11-Sunday, May 12
- Mother's Day Celebration, Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard: Sunday, May 12
- Mother's Day in the Vineyard, Running Hare Vineyard: Sunday, May 12
- Preakness Stakes, Pimlico Race Course: Saturday, May 18
- Wine in the Woods, Symphony Woods: Saturday, May 18-Sunday, May 19
- Baltimore Museum Week, various locations: Sunday, May 19-Friday, May 24
- Good Life Feast-ival, Boordy Vineyards: Saturday, May 25-Sunday, May 26
- Caribbean Festival, Linganore Winecellars: Saturday, May 25-Sunday, May 26
Show mom just how much you appreciate her by making a reservation for a special brunch or dinner. Here are some restaurants around town offering specials:
- Meli is serving a $30 (or $45 with beverage pairings) brunch.
- Mr. Rain's Fun House at the American Visionary Art Museum is serving a $25 fixed-price Mother's Day brunch starting at 11 a.m.
- Petit Louis Bistro will offer a special $39 fixed-price menu starting at 10:30 a.m.
- The Rusty Scupper is offering a jazz brunch for $49.95. Three seatings are available starting at 9:30 a.m.
- RA Sushi is offering an all day happy hour, with tapas items ranging from $2.25 to $7.25 and drink specials from $3 to $7.
- Ryleigh's Oyster House welcomes moms with a glass of Chandon Sparkling Rose. Brunch will be served from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Spirit Cruises welcomes moms aboard for Mother's Day brunch and dinner cruises, starting at $49.90.
- Waterstone Bar & Grille is offering a three-course dinner from 5-10 p.m. All mother's will receive a $25 gift certificate to Waterstone.
More Helpful Resources for Mother's Day