Love is in the air. Valentine's Day in Baltimore offers many options for couples and singles alike. Snuggle up next your sweetie on a brisk mid-February harbor cruise, dine at a romantic restaurant (Little Italy is a great spot), catch a show, or go out for drinks.
Or, blow off Valentine's Day and spend it at home watching a movie on the couch (that sounds good too).
Valentine's Events Before the Big Day
- Single in Smalltimore Party
Wednesday, Feb. 10, 7:30 p.m.
Baltimore magazine's annual singles soiree is at Mt. Washington Tavern this year. From 7:30 to 10 p.m. you can mingle with the magazine's "Top Singles," eat, drink, and maybe even meet someone. If not, just enjoy the open bar, hors d'oeuvres, live entertainment that's all included with your ticket, which costs $40 in advance online and $50 at the door.
- Sex at the Zoo
Thursday, Feb. 11, 6 p.m.
Love is in the air at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore. The zoo's general curator and veterinarian divulge the secrets of jungle love. Live music, a raw bar, beer and wine, hors d'oeuvres and desserts are included with the cost of a ticket, which must be purchased in advance online for $75 per person or $125 per couple.
- Love Under the Sea at the National Aquarium
Thursday Feb. 11, 7 p.m.
Enjoy the comfort of an intimate night at the aquarium. Appetizers, drinks, and the romantic music of guitarist Richard Barry are all included in the price of a ticket, $80 for member couples, $125 for non-member couples. $80 member couples, $125 non-member couples
Valentine's Day Gifts
- Baltimore-area malls - Shop for exactly the right gift at these malls across the metro area.
- Baltimore Florists - These local florists can personalize your love message.
- Jewelers in Baltimore - Find everything from engagement rings to small trifles at these jewelry stores.
- Candy and Chocolate Shops in Baltimore - Chocolate should be a part of all romance rituals.
- Baltimore Hotels - Get away from it all right in your own backyard.
Valentine's Day Dining
- Little Italy - Reservations are a must on Valentine's Day in nearly every one of this neighborhood's collection of charming establishments.
- Romantic Restaurants - Baltimore's most romantic restaurants book up fast on this holiday so reserve now.
- Inner Harbor and Harbor East Restaurants - Find a waterfront spot or a cozy bistro.
Valentine's Day Events
- Couples Yoga at the Baltimore Museum of Art - Open to all partners who are interested in creating a deeper connection. To register, call 443-573-1832 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Starts at 6:30 p.m. Cost per couple (includes admission to A Night of Romance): $40 BMA Members; $60 non-Members
- "A Love Supreme" Featuring The Tim Green Quartet - The John Coltrane classic is performed at the Wine Celler Jazz and Supper Club, 110 Water St. Tickets are $15, call 410-986-4445 for more information.
- Nudes 2010 - Perfect for Valentine's Day, this exhibit is featured at the Antreasian Gallery, 1111 W. 36th St. Call 410-235-4420 for more information.
- Valentine's Day Cruises - Feb. 14-16 - What's more romantic than a cruise on the bay? Harbor Cruises takes you out for a dinner cruise that includes a grand buffet. Tickets start at $39.90.
- Valentine's Day with an Adventurous Twist - Terrapin Adventures will be offering a special adventure package for couples: $59.95 per couple for two hours on the course. Includes hot chocolate, Hershey kisses.
- Valentine's For Veterans Concert - Featuring Little Anthony and the Imperials, this concert pays tribute to veterans, with special guests. At the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall.