LGBT Festivals and Events in Baltimore
These festivals and events foster community amongst LGBT-friendly people and their allies.
- Baltimore Pride: Every June, this LGBT festival is attended by an estimated 30,000 peopl. Events include a parade and block party, as well as a lakeside, family-friendly festival in Druid Hill Park.
- Baltimore Black Pride: Typically held in October, this festival brings together the black LGBT community. Workshops, town hall meetings, entertainment, and more are held annually.
LGBT Bars and Clubs in Baltimore
Everyone is welcome at these bars and clubs that are known to cater to the LGBT-friendly crowd.
1722 N. Charles St.; 410-254-3785
This trendy after-hours gay club opens at 1:45 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
311 W. Madison St.; 410-383-6064
Hawaiian-style lesbian bar with pool tables, karaoke, and plenty of dancing.
1735 Maryland Ave.; 410-539-6965
This casual bar is welcoming to the LGBT community.
1001 N. Charles St.; 410-752-7133
This gay and lesbian entertainment complex has a bar, pool hall, dance club, and roof deck. The top level features Sappho's, an elegant lesbian bar.
Jay's on Read
225 W. Read St.; 410-225-0188
Sophisticated gay piano cabaret in Mount Vernon.
The Baltimore Eagle
2022 N. Charles St.; 443-524-3333
Baltimore's leather, BDSM, and bear club. A leather and video store is on premises.
203 W. Read St,; 410-225-3100
This casual neighborhood gay bar has a relaxed atmosphere and a fun jukebox.
1 W. Eager St.; 410-547-0069
A cornerstone of the gay and lesbian community in Baltimore, The Hippo has a dance club, video bar, saloon, and more.
LGBT-Friendly Neighborhoods in Baltimore
Neighborhoods across the city are home to gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people and their loved ones, especially Mount Vernon, where the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Center of Baltimore (GLCCB) is located.
LGBT Clubs and Activity Groups
Some of the LGBT-friendly clubs and activity groups that meet regularly in Baltimore.
- Baltimore Gay Bridge Night
- Black and White Men Together - Baltimore
- Chesapeake Squares: Baltimore's Premiere Square Dancing Club
- Out and About Bowling Leagues
- Charm City Kings & Queens Bowling League
- Prime Timers of Baltimore
- Baltimore Frontrunners & Walkers
- Gay Bingo at The Hippo (Wednesdays)
Pick up a copy of one of these newspapers -- or visit the website of either publication -- to learn more about what is happening in the LGBT community.
Resource centers and organizations that support the LGBT community.
- The Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Community Center of Baltimore and Central Maryland (resource center)
- Equality Maryland (organization)
- Transmaryland (organization)
- Black Men's XChange (resource center)
- Chase Brexton Health Services (health care, focus on LGBT communities)
- Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays -- Baltimore (organization)
- Collegetown Network -- GLBT Resource Guide (listing)
- The Bmoreinclusive Project
The Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Community Center of Baltimore and Central Maryland maintains a hotline to report anti-gay violence or discrimination, as well as for resources such as peer counseling. For more information, call 410-837-8888.