This is small cross-section of Easter services in the Baltimore area. Check out this list of Baltimore churches for more options.
Easter ServicesBaltimore Basilica
Cathedral & Mulberry Sts.
Easter: Mass schedule is 7:30 a.m., 9 a.m. (Latin), 10:45 a.m. (choir), 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Holy Saturday: Blessing of the Easter Foods. This Easter tradition, which is most popular in Eastern European countries, will take place at 12:30 p.m.
Bethel AME Church
1300 Druid Hill Avenue
Easter: This church at Druid Hill Avenue and Lanvale Street has Easter services, dubbed "Resurrection Sunday," at 6, 8, 10 a.m. and noon. They promise to be a musical events with Outreach of Love Choir.
Christ Lutheran Church
701 South Charles St.
Easter: "Festival Eucharist," which is a more elaborate, celebratory service, is at 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Music is choir, timpani and organ. Good Friday: Johann Sebastian Bach's St. John Passion is sung (in English) by the Bach Choir and the congregation at 7:30 p.m.
Grace Fellowship Church
9505 Deereco Rd.
Easter: Four of the six Easter services include a simultaneous children's program. However kids are welcome to join their parents at the main service. Saturday 4:30, 6, 7:30 p.m.; Sunday 8, 9:30, 11 a.m. 12:30 p.m.
Memorial Episcopal Church
1407 Bolton St.
Easter: Four Easter morning services are followed by its regular Sunday evening Taizé prayer service at 7 p.m. The Taizé service is based on the meditative worship of an ecumenical monastic community in France. The service includes a Gospel reading or a short meditation, then an extended period for individual reflection. Songs are simple, repetitive, melodic chants.
Rosedale Baptist Church
9202 Philadelphia Rd.
Easter Sunday services at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. both include the Lord's Supper and a choir Easter cantata.
St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church
120 N. Front St.
Easter: Beginning Saturday at 9 p.m., parishioners meet for an all-night vigil that includes hourly prayer and a bonfire and ends with Easter Mass at 8:30 a.m. followed by a hearty breakfast.
Zion Lutheran Church
400 E. Lexington St.
Offering an English (11:15 a.m.) and German (9:15 a.m.) service every Sunday, this church, established in the 18th century, has a choir made up of professionals and volunteers. Easter breakfast is after the German-language service.
- Baltimore Washington Conference of The United Methodist Church
- Christian Science Churches of Maryland
- Delaware- Maryland Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Churches
- Espicopal Diocese of Maryland
- Presbytery of Baltimore
- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Baltimore
More Individual Churches:
- Baltimore Chinese Baptist Church - Overlea
- Bethel Assembly of God Sparrows Point
- Bishop Cummins Memorial Church, Reformed Episcopal Catonsville
- Central Presbyterian Church Towson
- Christian Temple, Disciples of Christ - Catonsville
- The Episcopal Church of the Redeemer - Towson
- First Christian Church, Disciples of Christ - Roland Avenue
- Greater Baltimore Church of Christ - Reisterstown
- Mount Calvary Church, Anglo-Catholic - downtown
- Nathareth Lutheran, Missouri Synod - Highlandtown
- New Psalmist Baptist Church - West Baltimore
- Old Otterbein Church, United Methodist - Otterbein
- Old St. Paul's, Episcopal Mount Vernon
- Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church Catonsville
- Unity Fellowship Church of Baltimore - Mount Vernon
- Valley Baptist Church - Lutherville
- Woodbrook Baptist Church Northern Baltimore